While vegan spread and sauces are always considered as super healthy yet tasteless, well, this is certainly not the case! Admittedly, their favors may not as strong and rich that the spread with the one packed with artificial sugars, it’s always fulfilling to taste the real taste of the food. Today, here are the top 10 sweet vegan spread and sauces for the days that you are craving for sweets!
So yes, before sneaking into the kitchen and get that evil Nutella that you probably will regret next morning, here are some easy simple vegan sweet spread to try!
1. Cinnamon sugar buttery spread
If I crave sweet thing real hard, this cinnamon sugar butter spread will the one I go for! I’ve tried different cinnamon butter recipes and so far this one is the best – Healthy, rich in favour and packed with nutrients! Rather than buying the artificial cinnamon jam that mix a few drop of cinnamon extracts with artificial sugar, DIY your own jam is definitely a cheaper and more satisfying way to enjoy cinnamon!
Cinnamon is always known as the delicious spice but surprisingly, it has some real health benefits!
Health Benefits of Cinnamon:
- Lowering the blood sugar levels: Cinnamon can decrease the amount of glucose that enters your bloodstream after a meal, which can effectively reduce the risk of diabetes.
- Cinnamon has anti-inflammatory properties: It helps repair body tissue damage and fight infections
When it comes to DIY your sweet vegan spread, it’s always a good habit to replace white sugar to the other natural sweetener. In this recipe, the cinnamon butter is made from coconut sugar and that’s a better choice than white sugar! But of course, as much as it’s a natural and better choice compared to the refined sugar, it’s still SUGAR! After all, natural sugar is still high in fructose and the calories can add up quickly if you don’t control the portion!
If you want to binge eating this cinnamon sugar buttery at midnight, take a deep breath and put it down. (No worries, we’ve all been there, all you need is a kind reminder)
Health benefits of coconut sugar:
- It’s nutritious: Packed with iron, zinc, calcium, and potassium and antioxidants, they are definitely a healthier choice to pick.
- Low GI: Due to its inulin content, it has a lower GI index compare to the table sugar, which performs better in stabilize the blood sugar level.
2. Vegan Nutella
If you are nutella lover, take this recipe and DIY your healthy nutella!
I used to love nutella but not after I read that nutrient label. It’s highly processed and nothing more than calories, sugar and unhealthy fat. Trust me, you don’t want to eat it after dive into the ingredients they use. Instead, try this incredibly yummy healthy hazelnuts cream, it’s packed with some REAL nutrients to our body here!
Health benefits of hazelnuts:
- Full of nutrients: Despite proteins, healthy fats, hazelnuts also packed with Vitamin E, Thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, and also fatty acids that support our body functions.
- Loaded with antioxidants: It can prevent cancer to a certain extent and boost brain function
- Good for heart: It can lower the cholesterol levels in blood
This recipe is paloe, low carbs and extremely creamy, it worths the try!
3. Peanut Butter Caramel
Peanut butter and caramel – what an evil combination to fat belly! However, with this recipe, even this combination can be healthier! Of course, this still contains some sweets and calories, but at least it’s way healthier than the one we buy outside. I mean, life is too short to not eat peanut caramel ever again! Being healthy is not about saying NO to sweet at all, rather, it’s about taking a balance in between and try to find some healthier options to substitute it – that’s the beauty of cooking.
As an interesting side note, peanut butter is a good weight lost booster! As a good source of protein, despite the fact that it can raise your metabolism, peanut butter can promote the feeling of fullness and control your weight in long term!
*If you are allergic to peanuts, you can try pea butter or sunflower butter!
4. VEGAN HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING
Whenever I make hamburger, this vegan honey mustard is gonna be there. They taste amazing together! I also use this honey mustard as the salad dressing and even for my sushi ( it’s weird I know…) , but what I am trying to say is, this dressing is so multifunctional that make your dishes taste better effortlessly!
As a reminder, always use raw honey rather than refined honey if you want some real nutrients!
Health benefits of honey:
- Promote healing: Honey can be effective in treating burns and wounds with its antibacterial effect
- Packed with antioxidants: It can help control the blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart attack and strokes
- Others: Promote eye health, improve cholesterol and suppresses cough in kids
5. Vegan BBQ Sauces
I LOVE bbq sauces but again, most of them are made with corn syrup that do nothing good to your body!
And that’s why I am so impressed when I find this recipe because the ingredients are easy to make and you can finish the sauce in 3 minutes! (Yup, you heard it right, just 180 seconds…) This is the most popular sauces in big family dinner and even kids love it!
That proves vegan sauce can be delicious AND healthy! (Kids don’t eat things that taste boring)
6. Vegan lemon curd
This is my new finds in 2020 and I am in love with it! This is sweet but in a moderate and refreshing way! I always use this lemon curd with scones and that’s way healthier than clotted cream! Also, lemon is really nutritious and it can even relieve the constipation!
Benefits of lemon:
- Protect Against Anemia: help to improve your absorption of iron from plant
- Reduce Cancer Risk: The D-limonene compounds in lemon has anti-cancer properties
- Others: Improve Digestive and Heart Health
If you are get bored with those popular vegan spread, try this lemon curd ! You won’t be disappointed!
7. Vegan date syrup
If you like baking, you should be familiar with dates! It’s one of the best natural sweeteners to make dessert and most importantly, dates are packed with antioxidant and control the blood sugar level due to its low GI level and high amount of fiber!
Health benefits of dates:
- High in fiber: It can increase the bowel movement and reduce the chance of constipation
- Packed with antioxidants: Reduce the Alzheimer’s disease and also promote the eye health
- Others: Promote Brain Health and Natural Labor
8. Coconut Honey fruit Dip
If you are looking for a simple easy recipe for fruit dip, here’s the one! As a coconut fan, I can eat this cream even without any fruits!
Benefits of coconut milk:
- Boost heart health: Packed with manganese and copper, this promotes promote proper blood clotting.
- Reduce inflammation and fight bacteria
As a reminder, there are many refined coconut milk out there so make sure you are picking the BPA-free cans!
9. Pumpkin Butter
Pumpkin butter is a new combination for me and I am totally in love with it! With the natural sweet favour and almost silky texture, we can enjoy this butter in many different ways! My personal favorite is spread on the toast and also bake it into cookies!
Added to this, pumpkin is definitely a weight-loss-friendly food because you can consume more of it than other carb sources but with significantly fewer calories. For every 100g of pumpkin, it’s just 26.1 kcal intake while for the same amount of white rice, it’s 130 kcal intake. Added to this, pumpkin is a good source of fiber, which can help curb your appetite and that will be good for your weight loss plan too!
10. Roasted Sweet Potato Hummus
If you are looking something sweet but can really filling your stomach, let’s not forget the popular sweet potato hummus! Sweet potato is one of the best weight losing carbs out there with low GI, you can never go wrong with this!
Health benefits of sweet potato:
- Rich in antioxidants: Protect your body from free radicals and heal the body aging process
- Promote Gut Health: Packed with both soluble and insoluble fiber, this can promote the healthy bowel movement
- Others: Contain cancer-fighting properties, eye health and brain function
So here are the top 10 sweet vegan spread on toast, sauces and dressing! I hope you have some new finds here!